

It is a beautiful 2,600sf home, new in 2006 with granite, stainless steel, maple cabinets - everything for "just" $417,000. That's a steal compared with prices a year ago! So, why aren't we jumping on it? Well, as you can see, you can practically brush your neighbor's teeth, as I am fond of saying. Honestly, though, couldn't we sacrifice a side yard? We don't really use it. But, we drew the line at the backyard.
I think a fellow transferee from Greg's work aptly described the yards as "insulting." That pretty much sums it up. Greg and I were joking that if your pug only has a 25% chance of hitting grass after he spins around to poop, you shouldn't be able to call it a yard. Seriously, would we even OWN a mower, or just use an edger? Maybe I would just let Ethan and Katie loose with some scissors!P.S. I debated whether I should post these pictures or a loquacious essay on Man's Instinctive Need to Own Land, but in the end, I figured the essay may just turn into a bitter tirade. After all, isn't a picture is worth a thousand words, anyway? :)
7 comments:
I love it - being close enough to brush your neighbor's teeth. Hahaha! Seriously, though, why did they even put that strip of grass in the back? Doesn't even seem worth it to me. And it looks like Baxter would only have a 10% chance of hitting grass! Good luck with the continued search!
I don't know... it looks gorgeous inside!!!!! Are there any neighborhood parks you could take the kids and Baxter to????
Well, the house is beautiful...but what's up with that...oh wait there is no yard!?
Oh Sally, don't you remember you won't be going outside since it will be raining EVERY SINGLE DAY! ha ha ha- just kidding.
Maybe you could litter box train Baxter.
Oh - litter train Baxter. ROFL! I needed that laugh - that's great Megan!
That's terrible. Why would they put that patio there when there is hardly any room to begin with. I guess they don't have big dogs in Seattle. Or maybe they just have tons of dog parks??
Okay, here's what you do, you plant some grass in that big beautiful entry hall... or in the spacious bath room... plant some mini fruit trees, pot a vege or 2, put in a few natural light bulbs and you can still have it all!
;)
Post a Comment