The children usually wake up at 6:45-7am everyday, but today they slept in until 8am! So, we didn't leave until 9am, but we had great weather the whole way and arrived in Monroe at 5pm. Although the children are tired from traveling, they have been great troopers so far. (Greg and I still maintain that whoever invented the portable DVD player should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for creating "peace" for family roads trips everywhere!)
Highlights from today:
About 45 minutes after we crossed the WA border and got into green country, Ethan piped up from the backseat, "It smells like a dishwasher here!" We have to admit there is a different feeling in the air here. It's not muggy or dry, just really, really, FRESH - like a clean feeling.
Upon arriving at the hotel, Ethan was undoing his seatbelt and asked, "Do they speak this language here?" (meaning English) "Yes, Ethan, they speak English." (He could check learning a new language off his list.)
As you can see, it may be a good thing we brought them so we can clarify a few things before the move. Although ask me again in four days if it was a good thing. :) We had beautiful, absolutely perfect weather today and I have yet to see one cloud here in the three days I have visited. But, it looks like that will change on Sunday. I'm actually looking forward to that, so I can see what it's "really" like here.
Believe it or not, I didn't take one picture today. The camera was in the trunk for the drive and we just went to dinner and drove around neighborhoods and visited with people. But, we will be visiting schools and parks tomorrow, so I'll probably post some then.
P.S. My favorite part of today was driving through WA wine country outside Kennewick. We had no idea it was there and it was breathtakingly beautiful, although I have to admit it was my first time seeing any wine country at all. I'm sure Italy is prettier, but the row of grapevines and other fields were just amazing.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you made it... and all in one piece. Also glad you blog. I was just checking and YES you did blog EVEN from out of state!!! So maybe when you move I'll still feel like a small part of you is still here. :o)
Ethan is so funny. Do they speak English here, that's funny! I'm glad you guys made it safely.
Post a Comment