Sunday, April 26, 2009

Should I dance or cry?

Yesterday, we held an Open House. One couple came twice to view the home and really liked it. Our realtor knew they were serious when they came back the second time without the kids and starting measuring for their furniture :). I tried not to get my hopes up (mostly as a defense mechanism and probably some denial that this is still really happening.)

But as it turned out, they really did like it and made an offer today. We accepted it about an hour ago, with some minor details pending. We are still hoping to stay until June 26th - Ethan's last day of school. From everything I have heard about this couple through the realtors, I am excited to sell it to them and hope everything works out.

Greg says that I am going to go celebrate by throwing laundry all over the house. Maybe I will :).

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! That really is great news - one less thing to stress about over the next couple months...

Unknown said...

Ohh bitter sweet victory right. You're excited to sell but sad to leave. I'm all for a laundry party!

Megan Bunt said...

We are excited for you guys, but sad to see you go! At least you can enjoy your last few months here and not have to worry about keeping the house perfect! :)

Emily said...

WOW!!!! That is wonderful! I'm happy that you sold so quickly...what a blessing!

Emma said...

Wow, I will look for any extra boxes for you guys. I have been trying to explain to Isaac that Ethan is moving to another state. It is such an abstract concept for them. You will be sorely missed... Yet it is time for the next adventure, and I know that God will watch out for you in WA.

Anonymous said...

:) :( Good times and sad! At least there is still a few months left!

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

June 26th sounds so soon. Happy packing! Maybe I missed a step, but did you find the house you are moving to in Seattle?