

As you can see, Baxter's eye is getting better and better. We went in yesterday for a re-check at 3pm and the vet stained his eye to see how the ulcer was doing. I thought it had gotten deeper, but he informed me that it was healing. It just seemed deeper because the blue haze and cloudiness had cleared up, so we could see the whole "hole" now. I was SO happy. We have one more check on the 30th and then we should be in the clear. Baxter got a bath yesterday, his vaccinations, started on his heartworm again, and went for a walk. Big day. He's a happier boy now and I have to say the whole family is happier, too.
A special thank you to my friend, Megan. Megan has known Baxter since he was 8 months old. Her dad, a vet for decades, came to town this weekend and he kindly looked at Baxter and gave me a second opinion. It brought me such peace of mind. I so lucky to have friends who not only think of me, but of my dog too and realize he really is part of our family.
4 comments:
Happy to see that he is a pugly as ever! But seriously, I am very happy to hear that. I hope the rest of his years as just as problem free.
Thanks, Brad. It's nice to know people are pulling for him. Now to just keep his ears clear and his claws filed!
So will he need further treatment or is he okay now? He looks GREAT!
:)
Hooray! Glad Baxter is doing better. Give that pug a hug from me! Lots of love -b
Post a Comment