Friday, April 17, 2009

Baxter Update


Good news: Baxter is now opening his eye! Bad news: The ulcer looks slightly larger than yesterday. But, it may be one of those things where it will get better before it gets worse. Who knows. Even if they have to take the his eye, it makes me happy to see him back to "normal" a bit more. He was peppy on his walk this morning and when I came down from cleaning upstairs, I found him sitting in the family room with a happy look. I soon discovered why he was so pleased with himself, though.


Katie got into the pantry and pulled down his pupperoni treats that the Easter bunny brought him. He ripped open the bag and ate all of them. So, he may not die from health problems after all, just too many treats!

Interesting sidenote: Last night before bed, Greg and I spent some quality time with Baxter. When Greg was petting him, he said, " So, pugs, are you gonna be a pirate pug your Daddy?" At first, I didn't know why Greg was a pirate, but then I realized he was referring to Baxter's actual Dad - Elmo. He only had one eye when we got Baxter! So, maybe it is genetic. I know it shouldn't matter, but somehow that makes me feel less guilty and it's easier to deal with.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I hope all goes well with everything. I love that little guy.