Our little apple tree bore a few apples this year, but none of the branches were strong enough to carry the fruit to fruition, except for this main branch. Ethan has been waiting all year to pick it and it was finally ready!
He carefully twisted it off and handed it to us. Normally, he loves apples, but he wanted us to eat it. Greg and I shared half and half. It was pretty golden delicious if I do say so myself. Too bad there was just one :)!
So, a few weeks ago my neighbor and friend, Megan, told me about a ticket system she uses with her kids. Basically, the child get tickets for good behavior and tickets are taken away for unacceptable behavior. One thing I've recognized with Ethan is that we need to switch up our discipline techniques every so often to keep things fresh. We did Magic 1-2-3 when he was smaller, Choice and Natural Consequences a little later on, and the good ol' stand-by "Time-Outs" interspersed. We realized he does really well if he has a goal, so when Megan told me about this, I decided to try it. It's working well so far.
He really wanted this storm trooper Lego play set. So, he set his sights high - 150 tickets, but he made it! Here he is cashing in all his tickets!
It was double sweet because he had his friend, and fellow Star Wars enthusiast, Brayden, over the morning he got it. They had so much fun!
Dad helped with the final assembly. And yes, it's only Day #2 and we are already missing the Lego Battle Droids that came with it. Hopefully we find them before Katie does!
This past Monday night we were going to make no-carve creative pumpkins I saw in a magazine, but I wasn't quite the Martha Stewart that I thought, so we ended up with eerie eyball cookies instead. They're a little awkward to eat, but quite fun to make. Ethan sure thought they were spooky!
5 comments:
So 150 tickets only took a few weeks huh? Ethan must be a good boy these days, huh?
Wayt to go Ethan! I am so proud of you!!! I can't believe you earned 150 tickets - WOW!! Your toy looks really cool. Keep up the good work. Love ya - Becky
I'd love the details of the ticket/reward system. I'm in desperate need esp after the kids were at Grama and Grampas for a week!!
Ethan is getting so big! Thanks for the update. I love the new photos on the top of the blog.
I love seeing your chart. I have a hard time coming up with things that I really want them to do and you covered so many good ones. Rewards are also not so easy. Very creative. Have you noticed a difference in how he acts. So when he does something bad do you take a ticket off of one of the good things that he does? Or just add more tickets and then subtract them in the end?
Post a Comment