Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bruschetta

My good friend, Jessica, gave me this Bruschetta recipe a couple years ago and I've found it a handy way to use all the tomatoes from my garden. Recently, I made it for my friend Amanda's baby shower and several people requested the recipe. Here it is:

Bruschetta

4 tomatoes
3 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. basil
Salt and Paper to taste
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
French bread

Chop tomatoes. Add vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Let sit in the fridge. Slice and toast French bread. Serve bruschetta over the bread with the cheese sprinkled on top.

*Adjust all amounts to your preference. At the shower, I added some romano and mozzarella cheese and served it with different kinds of crackers.

3 comments:

Emma said...

yummy...I can't wait to try it...

Christine said...

Looks yummy! So I totally agree that they don't make stuff like they used to. It kind of stinks.

Katie is looking so grown up!

Schofields said...

yeah!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
:)