Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning with Sally

So, we've officially been in the new house for 1 year now and I still feel like I'm not completely organized. Since I can no longer use the excuses "We just moved in" and "The baby takes a lot of time," I guess it's time to "Get Real" as Dr. Phil would say and deal with my deep-rooted lack of organizational skills. With the FlyLady as my inspiration, I've decided to do ONE spring cleaning project a day. (But I am choosing my own projects since my house needs a few things done right away.)

I realized that this would go better if I'm actually accountable to someone besides myself and Greg, so you'll get to share in my everyday chore list. I will post it on the right-hand column. Feel free to join along or please leave me with a comment on some spring cleaning chores you do. Not that I need a lot of inspiration - I can easily walk into a room and see about 5 things that need to be done. But at least this will start me on the right track! We'll see how long I last. Thank you for indulging me.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Spring Cleaning Task #1 For Greg: Buy Sally a bulldozer for "The Closet of Death" (insert scary music and screams here).

Spring Cleaning Task #2 For Greg: Barricade wood shop area of garage so that everything doesn't end up out there.

Sally said...

Very funny - husband's are NOT allowed to comment on this blog!!! Actually, I was going to write that I have one very large spring cleaning assignment (The Closet of Death), but it's too scary, so I'm tackling the smaller ones first to work up to it. Maybe someday....

Emily said...

I am enjoying these comments between you and Greg.;) Sounds like something Matt and I would be doing:). My goal is the same...to truly live a flylady like life, but yeah, I don't know if it is happening:) We can hope and pray it does in the next house.