
Katie, on the other hand, has been a very easy-going baby and hardly ever cries. However, she has manged to get into EVERYTHING just from rolling. She's already pulled on long blind cords, which now have to be secured and she rolls over to the outlets and tries to stick anything in them. Also, if finds a spec of anything on the floor, she wants to taste it. She is so curious about how everything works - the faucets, the dog's kennel, the doors, the knobs on the entertainment center (we've had her turn it up full blast), the drawer under her crib, etc... She would rather play for hours with something that open and shuts than any of her toys. I think she has her Daddy's engineering brain.
This morning, I brought her upstairs with me to vacumn. I sat her in her room as I vacuumed and then headed out into the hall. All of a sudden I hear Ethan screaming, "Mommy, she has a cord." I run in to see her pulling on the floor lamp's cord and trying to topple it. So, I move her to my room where I'm vacumning next. She manages to roll over to the door and take the little rubber pad off the end of the door jam and unscrew the door jam. (Greg will be super-gluing those on tonight). So, I move her to the other side of the room, finish vacumning that room and head out to vacumn the loft. Mind you, my back is turned for 1 minute and when I turn around to vacumn the other way, this is what I saw.....
When I asked her what she thought she was doing, she just pointed as if telling me to get back over there and go back to work. Her one saving grace is every time I turn the vacumn off, she claps and it makes me feel like someone appreciates my cleaning. She's probably just happy the noise stopped.
Maybe I should have entitled this post "Why Sally has Small Spring Cleaning Projects and Moves at a Snail's Pace." She is trying to crawl and here's proof. My life is over once she's mobile.
It's all worth it, though.
3 comments:
Katie is one adorable little stinker! Thanks for the 5 very enjoyable minutes it took to read this post! Ahhh, the memories!
:) Diane
It always seems like the second child is into everything! THat is a definite challenge, but at least she is cute!
I'm not convinced that # 2's are more trouble, I think we are just busier with # 2 so they get into more things. Ethan still has that big grin that he had at 8 months.
Post a Comment