Ok, so I had two spring cleaning projects that I was going to tackle today, but I never got around to it because I was busy cooking. Last week I went to a church activity where we talked about freezer meals. Since we just got back into town, I needed to stock up on food and decided I should go ahead and plan my menu, go shopping, and do some cooking. It ended up taking all day, but hopefully will save time down the road. I'm not sure the meals are COMPLETELY prepped to qualify as true "freezer meals." But all the meat is cooked and the veggies are chopped, so the hard part is done. I hate defrosting and cooking raw chicken and beef. That and THINKING of a stinking meal. So, here's some of the meals I have planned for my family. (I'm sticking with the basics we know and like so far and I doubled the ones we tend to really like):
Chicken Dishes
Chicken Pot Pie
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Hawaiian Haystacks
Chicken Stir-Fry over egg noodles
Fettuccine Alfredo with Veggies and Chicken
BBQ Chicken and Yellow Rice
Pad Thai Chicken
White sauce Chicken Enchiladas (2)
Beef
Stuffed Green Peppers
Mini-meatloaves(2)
Sloppy Joes
Beef Burritos
Taco Salad
Calzones
Hamburger Soup
Other
Chicken Fryer/Mashed Potatoes
Sausage Skillet with Winter Fruit Salad
Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Casserole (2)
Other Quick Summer Ideas:
Homemade Pizza
Au Jus sandwiches
BLTs
Grilled Cheese Night
Tortellini, Sauce and Breadsticks
Breakfast for dinner
As you can see, I really like the allrecipes.com website. The links are are actual recipes I use, but I tweak them for our tastes. My latest find is the Winter Fruit Salad. It is the BEST green salad I've ever had. I'm making it for company Friday night. It's a little bit of work, but worth it. The Alfredo sauce has been a favorite for almost 7 years now and Greg loves the chicken pot pie. We just discovered it this winter. (But, I simmer all the veggies first in butter and add fresh potatoes and then put it in the crust.) It is the best chicken pot pie we've ever had. My other favorite recipe sources are Quick Cooking, The Joy of Cooking, Tastes of Homes, my Pillsbury Cookbook, and of course all of YOU! Please feel free to send me any dinner ideas. I REALLY need some different things to incorporate into our menu. I guess it's back to cleaning tomorrow...
1 comment:
I am so jealous of all the freezer meals. I love having something handy to pull out and not prep when I don't know what to cook. Gonna check out that website! Thanks for the ideas for dinner.
Post a Comment