This year we stayed home for Memorial Day. It's been nice to relax from our "vacation." But it's also given me a chance to reflect on how grateful I am for the men and women who serve our country everyday to protect our freedoms. Usually, the TV stays turned off on Sundays, however last night I watched part of the Memorial Day Concert from the capital. Many of the stories and songs (especially with the video overlays) were moving. My favorite part was when they had every member of the army, marines, navy, national guard, and air force stand to be recognized. I love seeing the strong sense of pride, purpose, and patriotism on these people's faces. They are so dedicated to our country. I love Memorial Day and the Fourth of July when we celebrate them. My sister, Becky, sent me this video clip a few days ago and I thought it would be fitting to post today. It just shows how ordinary people can do extraordinary things for the men and women who serve so willingly and diligently on our behalf.
To send a e-postcard to our troops, go HERE!On a personal note, I'd also like to say how proud I am of my cousin David Burton. He has served 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan as a marine. Earlier this month, he reported back to Camp LeJeune for his fourth tour, which will be in Iraq. He is in our thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment