Luckily, I have the best friends on the face of the planet (granted, that is part of the reason why I was having a meltdown - I don't want to leave them). Last week my next door neighbor and friend, Megan, brought over the most delicious Oreo cake and then this weekend she spoiled us with some Banana Bread. Katie would specifically ask for it by making monkey sounds and pointing excitedly. Yea, it was that good. The constant stream of treats makes Lynnwood look less and less appealing.
This morning, my friend, Paige and I went running. We started up again this week because #1.) It was finally getting light enough and #2.) I think she knew I needed to get my butt out of bed and get the endorphins going. So, we had a great chat/run/jog/walk :).
Then, this afternoon my friend Shawna left some running gear on my porch that I had asked her to pick up for me. And to top it all off, my friend Megan, invited Ethan over for a movie tonight and when I went to drop him off, she had this little care package waiting. If you know anyone who is going through the same thing we are, this is such a wonderful idea. I have to say, it really brightened my spirits and I am feeling a lot better tonight - and I will probably sleep better, too ;)

REYNOLDS' SURVIVAL KIT
Powerade- to give you the energy you need to make it through all the decision-making.
Tylenol - when all the decision-making gives you a headache
Tissue - to wipe away the tears
Gum - to help you CHEWS
Sleep-Aid - no explanation needed :)
M&M - "power" food (and my fav candy)
Captain Underpants - when you need a good laugh!
Map - When it all gets to much, give Ethan the pin, have him close his eyes and stick it in
It was just the cutest thing, sweetest thing. All my friends are just great. As I was leaving my neighborhood to get Ethan, I realized, there are 4 other people on the street, we all put kids on the bus at the same time, we all drive out in our SUVs and our vans at the same time to get them. Ethan has 5 kids on the street his same age. The moms visit and cook dinners, and it's like a fairytale life in the suburbs.
Several others have called to check up and I really appreciate everyone who has expressed their concern. We'll just keep doing what we're doing..wishing....and hoping...and praying...and planning...(can you hear that theme song from My Best Friend's Wedding?) Ok, yes, I have been up since 4:17am and I am past the punchy stage. So, I'll sign off now. But seriously, I probably couldn't type thank you enough for everything everyone has done.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
3 comments:
Oh Sally--
Still praying here. Trust me, we're rooting for you. What kind friends you have.
Sally, you are so funny! Thanks for letting Ethan come over. He is so cute.
What a kind care package. It would be so hard to think of leaving such an ideal situation. I hope you get some answers soon.
Post a Comment