Yesterday at 3:20pm, I saw Ethan's school pop up on my caller ID. Of course, I assumed he had thrown up or something else had happened. But, to my delight, it was the secretary informing me that the local paper had come to a school assembly and taken a photograph of Ethan that MAY be used in the paper today. Ethan was SO excited, but I had to keep telling him that he MAY not be in it. (Secretly, I was hoping that this might be the case because he has been picking out all of his outfits lately and when I picked him up from school that day he had taken off his outer shirt and there was only a white t-shirt underneath. Plus, I was just sure he would be picking his nose or something horrific.)
This morning, the first words out of his mouth were, "Mom, am I in the newspaper?" So, we checked online and the first two pictures were of the entertainment, but the last picture was of him, a girl in his class and his best friend, Kody. It came pretty close to the picking nose thing, but hey I can't complain. He is just shy about laughing with everyone. I went and got the paper this morning and it was in the hard copy as well. He is absolutely thrilled and it's nice to have some happy news around here.

4 comments:
That is so cute! Brayden came and looked at the picture too. I love candid shots of kids- so adorable. It was fun seeing you last night even though we really didn't get a chance to talk :)
Congrats Ethan your famous!!! How exciting definitely something to keep forever!
Just makes you want to smile seeing them all so smiley!
Wow Ethan! You ARE famous!!! You should sign copy and put it on your wall. Congratulations buddy! I love you! - Aunt Becky
Post a Comment