Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few Pictures


I promised Ethan I would post a few pictures of our trip, so here they are! I'm going to make this short because I have been up for almost 20 hours now and the internet is quite slow to load the pictures and I don't have the software to resize them.. Suffice it to say, we are seeing a lot of the Pacific Northwest - it reminds me of a cross between Maryland (the trees aren't quite right to be Maryland) and the mountains of Utah.


It has it's own charm...and it's own traffic jams and price points....I have to admit, these high rises were some of the prettiest and cleanest I've ever seen, though. The sun was out in full force. I knew it was a fluke when the hostess who seated us for breakfast greeted us with an excited, "Would you like to sit in the sun???"


Most of our day (10 hours) was spent behind the wheel timing commutes and driving the towns. Thank goodness we had GPS.

We passed the space needle on our up to Lynnwood. We would have liked to stop, but we aren't tourists today. We headed straight Winco and Costco to check out the prices - take THAT space needle....maybe tomorrow.....
The reason we are here...where Greg would be working if we accept.

7 comments:

Billy and Megan said...

Sally, up for 20 hours???!!!! You crazy girl. I'm glad the sun was out to welcome you there. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

Oh my goodness, you make me tired. So how were the prices at Costco? Still reasonable?

Paige said...

Seattle is always sunny for visitors, it makes them want to stay. I hope the trip was helpful.

Rhonda and Todd Petersen said...

Sally, it as nice to talk to you today. Your children are beautiful! Please feel free to call me or email me with more questions.(rhonda_petersen@hotmail.com) If this is where you decide to move, I think you will like it here. We would love to have you. Good luck with everything. I know it can be heart wrenching and exciting at the same time. I would love to meet you. Sincerely, Rhonda

Unknown said...

Best of luck on checking out the town. You are so smart weighing all the options and thinking of commute time too! You're in our thoughts and prayers.

DavJenMattMaddie said...

Good luck on everything. Looks like it was a beautiful trip. Get some good rest.

Shawna said...

When I went to Seattle it DID rain... and rain... and rain. We tested out the traffic... you should just get Greg a "stuffed" dummie so he can drive in the "fast" lane - whatever it's called. :o) Pictures are pretty. They do have some wonderful stores out there too. Lots of hills - think of what a great tooshie you'll have when you run in Washington!