When we got home, we decided to see if she could walk by herself. Unfortunately, the camera was switched to compact mode and so the video is horrible, but I got her first steps a couple of days ago. Yesterday, she started walking along all the furniture and letting go intermittently. Today, she began standing from a crouched position and balancing while standing. And tonight, she took about 7 steps on her own. I didn't get get the best part on film. Once, when she was coming to me, she stopped and turned around and went back to Greg without falling down. I was SO happy! She may walk yet!
(Please excuse the overly excited mother voice and the pirate daddy voice in the background.)
8 comments:
I can't believe how big she is getting - time really does fly!!! Hope your birthday was a great celebration - we were out of town and sad to miss it! Hope all is well with you guys!
Wow, she is so big. She will be so happy now that she can walk! I love all her hair...when did she grow that...I guess I haven't seen you guys in a while.
Hooray for Katie! She is so darling.
YEAH!!!! So cute!! That was SO sweet!!
:)
She is walking?! Agh! I can't believe it! I really need to come visit you guys again soon..she is growing up way too fast! She is darling :)
Love ya!
doesn't it seem like yesterday she came home from the hospital! wow, so fun to see you last night! miss seeing you all the time.
What an exciting "next step" in her life!! Isn't it so fun to have video cameras to capture all these special moments!! Enjoy this time cause before you know it she will be walking to kindergarten just like Ethan!!!
Katie's such a doll. I know I've said this like a bajillion times now, but we really need to get together. Let's make it happen! I am running the red wave on Saturday too, so I'll definitely be looking for you. You'll finish before me cuz I'm not as fast as you, but maybe we can chat before or after the race!
Post a Comment