All right - I've been tagged twice now, so time to face the music and let everyone know about our eccentricities. :). My friend, Megan, tagged me on this one about husbands and today couldn't have been a more perfect day. Ten years ago today, my sweetie proposed to me. For some reason, I've been thinking a lot about that day lately. His proposal was simple and sweet, just like him, but I'll save that story for a different day.
What is your husband's name? Gregory Scott Reynolds
How long have you guys been married? 10 years in August
How long did you date? 11 months - I think time warps when you're at BYU. How old is he? 32, and very much wiser than me :)
Who eats more sweets? Me, but like Billy, Lucky Charms are his downfall. Maybe it was the "year of Lucky Charms" when they were born.
Who said I love you first? I don't really remember. It was probably me because he rarely says 'I love you' first. But my "I love you" was probably a "Great, I think I love you, but look, marriage was NOT in my plan right now and I have two years of school left!" Really gracious, huh?
Who is taller? Him, almost by a foot
Who can sing best? He does. I remember when we were dating, one of my favorite things was to sit close to him in church so I hear him sing. He doesn't have a soloist type voice, but it blends nicely and he has a much better range and tone than I do.
Who is smarter? We split 50/50. I have a good memory for learning, but he is smarter culturally and politically. He writes beautifully and has a wonderful sense of wit. He can take anything apart and put it back together without instructions. He can manipulate objects in his brain to see the different angles - something I could NEVER do. Definitely an engineer!
Who does the laundry? Me, me, and me. I laughed when I read Megan's blog because every time the laundry is piling up, we joke about the "elves" coming to do it. I say, "Where are those darn elves? They better get on the laundry!" and he agrees, "Yep, they're slacking!". Maybe someday the elves will be named Ethan and Katie!
Who pays the bills? Me, he jokes that he married me so he wouldn't have to do taxes or worry about that kind of stuff. I love doing it (most of the time).
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Laying down, he does. I wanted to switch when we moved because my dresser is on that side, but he said it would be too weird and couldn't do it. He is very habit-driven.
Who mows the lawn? Him, but I've surprised him a couple of times when it really needed to be done and he had a busy week at work.
Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, except every Sunday, he does. And he is a much better cook than I am. Every time he makes a meal it looks like a picture for a gourmet magazine (and tastes like that).
Who drives? Him.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me - but only to get him to admit he was wrong, so I don't think my admission counts.
Who is more stubborn? We're really close and we think Ethan got BOTH doses from us.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me, but I think I made it pretty obvious it'd be ok. We were lost in a crowd and he took my hand to help me find my roommates (he's a foot taller remember). When he went to let go, I didn't let go. So, at the end of the evening, I think he knew I wouldn't object. I went in the door, told my roommates, we all giggled and danced around like silly girls do. Then, I looked in the mirror and screamed - it was horrible. I was dripping wet and had mascara running down my face and this ugly ball cap on. To this day, I can't believe he really kissed me when I looked like THAT. I still cringe every time I remember that mirror moment.
Who wears the pants? Anyone who really knows us knows it's him because I would implode in one large stress mess without him.
Now, here are six random things about me:
1. Despite living in PA, UT, and ID, I have never been skiing. I don't like being cold, so I don't know if I'll ever try, but it looks fun.
2. If I could change one thing about myself it would be my singing voice. I love to go around the house dancing and singing, but I have a range of about 6 notes and can't hit higher than the A above middle C without strain. Not a pretty sound. But the kids don't seem to mind. At least, not yet.
3. I am a secret (not anymore) piler. All my friends are SUPER organized people, but not me. Greg jokes that he believes my ancestors are responsible for the Leaning Tower of Pisa (my grandmother is full Italian) because not only do I love to pile, but my piles are "structurally unsound." He promises if we are ever super-rich, I can have a room full of piles with my own forklift. For now, I just need to take some lessons from my super-organized, super-clean friends. I've been doing my own modified version of the FlyLady and it seems to help.
4. I have some deep-rooted psychological aversion to ripping price tags off things. I think the tag on the back of our couch stayed for almost 5 years and right now I can think of about a dozen things around the house that we're using that still have tags on them. I'm looking at a clock right now, Katie's hamper, a basket, etc.... One day, Greg made me go through and rip tags off a bunch of things and I about had a heart-attack.
5. Friends in my world, don't hate me on this one, but so far, I do not like the Twilight series books. I know, I know, it's horrible, but I just can't get into them and now I've admitted it to the world. Please don't send me hate mail :). I'll probably finish reading the series, just to see if the author redeems herself at the end. A friend and I talked about the books and I can see some good qualities in it - good entertainment value, re-living teenage days, and a different take on vampires, but overall, not my favorite. My latest favorite read was Green wuth Envy: Why Keeping Up with the Joneses is Keeping Us in Debt. I read it for the class I taught. very entertaining and thought-provoking on society's financial taboos. New Ideas from Dead CEOs is also good. Not very intellectual, but a great read if you want to know the story behind some of the biggest companies today.
6. I love having a full life. Just recently, I've embraced the idea that I actually enjoy being busy - busy with kids, busy with friends, busy with projects. I realize, I am the happiest when I am the most productive, or as Primary kids sing, "When I'm Helping, I'm Happy!" I feel very blessed to have a life full of good people and wonderful opportunities.
So there's way more than you ever wanted to know about us - will you still be our friends?
3 comments:
I love this post! It is cute and "so you guys"! I about had heart palpitations when you had to take the tags off of things!! I can't believe Greg made you go around the house and do that - ahhh! I'm surprised you didn't have a nervous break down!! Maybe it is genetic? I'm not quite as bad as you, but my heart skips a beat every time Jimmy takes something out of the package. We are weird! -Becky
We joke about when the maid is coming over to clean...
And I don't hate you for not loving Twilight. I think it is a personality thing. You are just too practical, even though you pile, to be swept up in a vampire romance. Fun to read about you and think, I knew you then...
I love the romance in the Twilight series, not that I don't have any in my life (sorry to personal) but I just love to see that other's have it. I agree with Paige, you are too pracitical and probably too busy to get swept away by a vampire must only be Greg to sweep you off your feet!
Post a Comment