Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday Project

We've been having some trouble with our wood floor, so last week the builder informed us they would be coming out tomorrow and Tuesday to rip up the entire thing and replace it. Very nice of them to replace it, but quite a mess. All the molding will be ripped off the entire downstairs (besides the den) and the stove, fridge, half bath sink and toilet will be removed for the process. We figured as long as we were removing all the art, curtains, and furniture, it might be a good time to paint the ceiling white. So, that's what we did. My favorite difference is in the living room, but I forgot to take a "after" picture of that, so maybe I'll post it later. I was very happy with the result.

BEFORE

AFTER

3 comments:

Billy and Megan said...

You guys are so ambitious. Good luck with the new floors. Give me a call if you want Ethan to come over here. We'll be gone this morning, but will be back this afternoon.

Unknown said...

Wow Sally I can't believe how different it looks and the ceiling yikes had to be a challenge. Good thing Greg has long arms?

Sally said...

Thanks, guys. Yea, it's a mess. We have no floor, dishwasher, stove, toilet or sink down here. But it's a little bit adventurous. Ethan went to my next-door neighbor's and Amanda's for a bit today and he has preschool tomorrow, but thank you so much! I think we'll be going out to eat tonight. Our fridge in on wood in the family room! The ceilings were worth it though!