1.) Go to the blogger homepage: https://www.blogger.com/start2.) Click the huge orange arrow that says "Create your blog now"
3.) It will guide you through the three steps of creating an account, naming your blog, and choosing a template (how your blog will look.)
Welcome to the blogging community! What do you want to say?
1.) Click on the "New Post" link.
2.) Enter a Title for your post, as in "I'm so cool now that I blog!"
3.) Type your message in the big blank box. Click on the blue Preview link to review it.
4.) Click the orange "Publish Post" button.
HOORAY - you did it!
If you're a more visual person, check out Google's easy answers, complete with pictures to guide you through the processes of posting. Here are their step-by-step solutions:How do I post to my blog?
How do I post pictures?
Other helpful links:
How do I edit what I've written?
How do I post a video to my blog?
How do I link to another webpage?
I hope this inspires you to start a blog of your own! I'd love to see what you've done, so leave me a comment if this helped you. (To leave a comment, click on the blue link "0 comments" at the bottom of this post and type your comment in the box!)
FELLOW BLOGGERS: AN AWESOME TOOL!
Looking for a way to track all your blogs and see when something new posted? A special thanks to Kim Woodings and Megan Smith for pointing out this handy tool. It's called Google Reader. It "reads" your blogs and lets you know when something new has posted. Currently, I subscribe to 130 blogs and it only takes me 15 minutes check new posts! AMAZING!To start, go to Google Reader. Sign in with your Google account. (This is the same e-mail you used to set up your blog.) Click the Add Subscription link in the green box on the left-hand side and type or paste a blog address. Click the gray "Add" button and away you go! You can even categorize your list if you click the blue "Manage Subscriptions" link in the lower right-hand corner of the left side bar. Happy Blogging!

1 comment:
Good job Sally! So funny. I woke up this morning and was planning on doing a post on how to blog. Just yesterday I created a blog so my mom's side of the family can keep in touch and I figured some of them might be nervous because they've never blogged before. Lucky for me, you created a great post, and I could just link to yours instead of creating a whole new one :-)
And I've totally been meaning to blog about Google Reader. I just love it. I not only subscribe to blogs, but also news sites, recipe sites, national geographic, home decorating sites, etc... all my news in one place!
Post a Comment