Thursday, January 17, 2008

Food Glorious Food - Part 2!

So, Katie has completely refused to eat any baby food. I've tried rice cereal - I tried it warm, I tried it room temperature, mixed with formula, mixed with baby food. I've tried an assortment of baby food- fruits, veggies, chicken dinners, warm, cool, you get the idea....She only really likes to eat what we eat. Her favorite is thing is mashed potatoes or cooked carrots. She also likes bread. In the junk food department, she will happily lick any cracker (Ritz, Wheat Thins, Club) that I put near her mouth. Yesterday she sucked on an apple core. So, today I went to the store to locate a baby masher (I don't even know what they're called). I couldn't find one, so we had ONE last try with baby food tonight and she ALMOST ate it. Let's just put it this way, it was the longest she's eaten it with the least number of "Mom, this is totally disgusting" faces and without the fake gagging reflex she loves to pull on us. Maybe she'll decide to like it after all...Graphics by from the Fun Loving Kit by Raspberry Roads Designs

In other news, Ethan is working on chore charts. His first chore of the morning is to make his bed. This morning he ran into our room and woke Greg up saying excitedly, "Daddy, I MADE MY BED!" He was so proud we didn't have to remind him. Of course, the final product left something to be desired, but I didn't have the heart to redo it. I guess we'll be working on attention to detail now.

Tonight, Greg and Ethan played with the Legos Santa brought for Christmas. They built a cool house, complete with a truck that fit in the garage, a helicopter and a landing pad. Ethan was thrilled. Finally, for those of you who love Baxter as much as we do, we thought you'd be happy to know he's doing better. He only coughed once today that I heard. So, the medicine must be working.

3 comments:

Christine said...

At least it is the effort that counts right?

Becky and Jimmy said...

Ethan is doing chores?! That is great! I am so proud of him. The bed looks perfect to me :) If you go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Linens and Things you'll find a food mill. You don't need a big one, just get a small one because it's more practical for your purposes. I saw them a while back, so hopefully they will still sell them. I have seen people use it to mash their dinner up and give it to their baby. It works especially well for warm veggies and stuff. Good luck! - Becky

Sally said...

Thanks, Becky! Trish just let me borrow hers today, but I want to buy one of my own, so thanks for the tip. Yes, we are SO excited Ethan is doing chores.