For any inquiring minds:
Warning: reading this may cause you to #1.) fall asleep or #2.) never want to move
Is your house still sold? YES! Our realtor just called and as of 10 minutes ago, our Idaho home is still sold. (Smile if you could hear my sign of relief). We were very worried about the possibility of these buyers pulling out when they said we could put the house back on the market last week. Apparently, they were just being nice and still want our house. Thank goodness.
When will you move? We don't know. The people had planned to close June 26th, however they are doing a VA loan which has to be manually underwritten. There are only 2 places left in the country that do that, so the loan has been stuck in processing for over a month now. First, we extended to July 9th, then to July 22nd and we were just informed that a third extension will be coming tonight. Greg and I will gladly sign it, as long as they still buy the house.
Do you have a house in WA? Maybe. The first week in June, we bid on a short sale. It has two liens - the main mortgage (1st lien) and a HELOC (2nd lien). Last week, the first lienholder countered for a few thousand more to which we agreed. We were just assigned a negotiator on the 2nd lien and hope to hear back from them within the next week or so. In the meantime, the negotiator from the first lien will be seeking investor (bank) approval and once that is completed, we will have 30 days to close. One caveat: we must close on this house 3 days before closing on the WA house, so we hope it all lines up.
Thanks for caring.
7 comments:
Good to know. We'll be hoping and praying that it all works out!
It will all work out. The stars will align and it will fall into place.
I'll avoid being "crude, rude and unrefined" (as my momma used to say) and just say thank goodness......sigh......
Everything always comes around I guess you just have to suffer through a few burst of absolute break down for that to happen!!!! I am glad that things have worked out for you but I am still sad that you are leaving. I was hoping that maybe you would just have to stay here!!!!
At least it's still sold!!!! What a roller~coaster!!!!!
Wow, I know how you feel! This house "crap" for us has been going on forever it seems..but we just heard word back and might be closing AUG 14!! So yeah, to you and yeah to me! I got you in my prayers!
Hey, Sally! Whew! Tell me what's more painful: having a baby? or selling this house? Glad to hear they are still interested in buying! Third times the charm! - Love Always, Dad
Post a Comment