Earlier today, I was looking for a CD to play a computer game with my brothers. I found it in a CD case, underneath another disc with a crack down one side. Ethan came in right at that time with a Lego crisis that needed immediate attention, so without thinking I put the cracked disc into the DVD drive on the PC and pushed the button. About 10 seconds later, there was a huge "Pop!" and the front cover of my drive flew across the room, surrounded by several small pieces of disc. I yanked the power cord from the PC and then took everything apart.
Once I got the drive disassembled, I was able to recover most of the pieces of the disc. I'm thinking of offering it on eBay as "used" just to see if anyone bites...

P.S. Everything but the disc worked fine again after a good cleaning.
2 comments:
Oh... Sally I guess you chalk it up to a bad day!!!!
Yea - after the key incident and the computer, we were wondering what the 3rd thing would be. As Paige said, "They come in 3's!" Maybe I will trip on the way up to say the opening prayer tomorrow :).
Post a Comment