Friday, June 5, 2009

Thank you, Dear

Thanks to my agent, for the previous public service announcement, although I am sure everyone's everyday life continued with even FEWER disruptions than when I am there :).

Tonight, the kids and I traveled to Maryland to visit my Dad and my grandmother. We saw my grandmother from 1-3:30pm and it was great to spend time with her. Then, we came to my Dad's for dinner and of course, it's always wonderful to see him and my step-mom, Debbie. They have internet access, so I thought I would write a quick hello.

We are having fun and loving the green. The kids did awesome on the plane rides. We've spent this last week having special lunches, dinners, going to parks, going on walks, celebrating Bonnie's last day of school, visited a museum, went and saw the movie UP, and I'm learning how to play Guitar Hero! (Just what I need, another video game addiction!) Tomorrow, we hope to go to Chocolate World and explore the Indian Echo caves. Next week will be filled with Bonnie's graduation activities and we will be headed up to Scranton to see Greg's brother, Brad. We'll return on the 13th.

Greg has taken great care of the house and even managed to get an offer on it while we were away. As expected, we are CAUTIOUSLY optimistic and won't have all the details until next week. Apparently, the kids and I just need to LEAVE in order to sell it :).

If I get internet access again, I may post, but if I don't respond to any e-mails, please know why. Of course, I'll post pictures when I return.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Sally, Ethan, and Katie,
You all just left my home a little while ago (Friday evening, 6/05, 8:45 p.m.) I just want to say how thoroughly I enjoyed your visit! Katie, I was so touched when you immediately recognized and remembered your Papa Burton from his visit to your home in February 2009. Katie, I feel like we also connected during our playtime together today. We communicate without words - mainly with gestures and faces! I enjoyed drawing on you Magic Board; I could tell how much you enjoyed all of the faces I drew. And Ethan, I mean, FoxWriter, you truly are my favorite child in the whole, wide world...no, in the Solar System...no, in the Milky Way Galaxy....no, in the Whole Universe! And thank you, FoxWriter, for teaching me the hand signal (the fist) to communicate with cats. I never knew it triggered an affectionate bump from Cats...COOL! And my dear, darling Sally...Oh how much I love you too! And how very proud I am of you! Thank you for sharing with me the story of the trials and tribulations, setbacks, valleys of disappointments and peaks of hope and ,finally (keeping fingers crossed) the exhileration of making THE DEAL! Love Always...and forever, Papa Burton

Emily said...

Hey Sally--When are you coming home? We'll be in Boise very soon...we'd love to see you, if possible. Do you have any good ideas of where to visit? (we're going on a youth temple trip).

Shawna said...

Sally!!!!!!!!!!!! An offer!!!!!! yea!!!! Hopefully you've been able to forget the selling of the house... the move and all else while you've been away. Have you been able to forget and relax at all???? It was good to hear from you. (Isn't it funny that I even checked your blog after Greg's post? Do I need a life or what????) Glad you share yours. That is just such great news!!!!! I hope it was a good offer. I know you were going to drop the price. Ouch... I'm crossing my fingers for the best.