Well, we haven't said anything about the house for awhile, so for all you inquiring minds....
Yes, we sold again and we were supposed to close this Friday, June 26th. However, the appraiser has not come yet, so we signed an extension to July 9th. Either way, it doesn't matter because we have an agreement with the buyers to move out on July 24th. As long as they don't back out, we will be fine whenever they close.
So, one month from today we'll be waving good-bye. I can't even start to think about it yet because it's so hard. But I have been trying to spend time with friends and have Ethan's friends over more so we can say good-byes and not feel like we were rushed at the end.
As for WA - We will be flying back up there July 2nd-5th to:
1.) Look at which corporate housing unit we will be staying in for the month of August.
2.) Look (again) at the house that we put on offer on.
3.) Look for possible rentals in case the offer on the house falls through.
We put an offer on a house in Monroe, WA. Of course, no house is "perfect" and I already know a few things that will drive me nuts (like the laundry room being downstairs and the layout of the family room), but this house fits our criteria the best and I have to say, after all we have been through, I really hope we get it.
It is a short sale, which means we won't know until mid to end August if the bank accepts our offer. And yes, short sales really are the nightmare everyone says they are. Not a day has gone by for the last two weeks where we haven't talked to our WA realtor and/or signed SOME sort of paper. There are lawyer papers, extension papers, inspection papers, response papers, offer papers, third party authorization papers, etc.....I should have invested in a signature stamp :)! We should hear back from the lawyers tomorrow that our offer has been uploaded to the bank. Then, they have to assess the house through a broker and then we are assigned a negotiator. After we're assigned, it is usually 45 days until we'll have an answer.
As you can imagine, all the IFs are another reason for our trip. IF the house falls through, we will most likely rent and need to look at our options there. So, that's it for houses.
How we are coping
Ethan is doing fine, Katie doesn't know any better, and Greg is being my sounding board. Me? I guess all this house stuff has been more stressful than I realized. I went into the dentist today because I had some tooth pain on my right side and it seems I chipped a tooth from clenching too hard. An hour and a half later, the tooth was fixed, but it is quite painful. I haven't had cavities and so maybe I'm a wimp. But I have had 4 wisdom teeth pulled, 4 regular teeth pulled, a bite block, and braces two seperate times for five years total. I just can't figure out why it hurts so bad. I've take 2 Aleve and 6 IBProfen today. Ugh...I go back tomorrow...so I'm going to ask them. But I'll take tooth pain over not having my house sold ANYDAY. The upside is, Greg gets some peace and quiet :)
4 comments:
Hope it all feels right in the end. And I hope that pain goes away.
ps -- we'll be out of town on those days, otherwise I'd invite you over. You'll probably be pretty busy anyway.
I am so glad that your house is sold (almost). The dust will settle someday and you will love WA. WE miss you already and will keep you in our prayers.
PS: I am scheduled to have the baby on July 22nd. We are both going to have a very busy week then...
Feel better soon!
Post a Comment