Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week in Review

Last Friday Ethan had his Valentine's Day Party at school because he is off track until Valentine's Day. Katie and I went to help and witness the sugar-high carnage first-hand. It was everything we expected. Children and holidays are so fun!


Then, Saturday night, Greg and Ethan went with our friends, Trent and his son Jonathan, to the annual machine gun shoot out. It was out in the sticks, very cold, and although not as impressive as in previous years, still a fun bonding event for father and son.


I decided to go a more traditional route with the kids. CHUCK E CHEESE! Katie had only ever been once, so we took one of Ethan's classmates and went. We arrived at 10am and had the whole place to ourselves! It was so fun! Ethan is big enough that he and Colby just went off and played and I didn't have to worry thanks to the emptiness and their Kid Check program. Katie was positively mesmerized by Chuck E Cheese. She thought the robotic animals were the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Ethan ended the week by going to his friend Brayden's house to play and sported some new shoes. Fun times!
To see more Chuck E Cheese photos, go to this Picasa Album:

So, I figured out how to download from our new camera, but apparently, I didn't push the "HiDef" button - sorry. Here are the kids on the Kiddie Coaster.



I tried the camera again and needed a test subject. Ethan was kind enough to do his Shrek Dialogue for me. He does it much better, but the camera (and that means the pressure) was on. Usually he says the word "friends" better and does it with a little more animation, but you get the idea. By the way - don't judge me, we don't watch THAT much Shrek. The kid's just got a great memory - ha ha ha!


3 comments:

amanda said...

That is one amazing memory!!! Are you sure that he isn't watching that 20 times a day???!!!! Just kidding!! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun.

Unknown said...

I missed the ride that took the pictures. So cute, glad Katie liked all the attractions!

Schofields said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing!
:)