Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Pooper Scooper

We'll admit it - the pug poops collect in the winter a lot more than they do in the summer. It was warm enough today that Greg and Ethan decided to go out and tackle the scooping job. Ethan got about 1/8 of the way through the job and proclaimed, "Dad, I wish the pug would just poop once. This is a lot of poop!" Yes, we agreed.

He was compensated handsomely, however, he earned it. I think it made an impression on him because earlier that morning as we sat at breakfast, he gently asked, "Mom, can we give Katie back? She screams a lot."

I smiled very big and told him, said, "Oh, I thought about that when you were little and you screamed a lot. But then I realized, 'Who would I take to the zoo?' and "Who would give me kisses?' and 'Who would play with me all day?'"

He agreed that we should keep her. In fact, by nightfall he had done a 180. As we walked out of Wal-Mart he said, "Mom, we should have 4 kids!"

When I asked why, he said, "So, they can all help me pick up the poop!"

"What about all the screaming?" I asked.

"Oh...." he replied. Apparently, he hadn't thought about that.

4 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

Ha ha ha! I'm glad Ethan decided to keep Kaite. He is such a funny little boy! I love the way kids think...

amanda said...

Ha Ha... That is why I had kids to clean up!!!!Just kidding but at least at Walmart he wasn't trying to give Katie away like Austin did with Kaden when he was little. He thought will all the kids in the carts you could just pick and choose. Wouldn't that we great on certain days!!!

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

So Ethan's planning for two more, huh? He's definitely a thinker...more kids means less work for him. He's so funny.

DavJenMattMaddie said...

Ethan is soooo funny. I can however sipithize with him. Yes it was a beautiful "poop picking up" day because we did the same thing. However Jackson is a bit bigger than a pug with a bit bigger poopies. So needless to say we went through a lot of bags.