Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Relaxing a bit

Ethan came downstairs on Sunday before church and said, "Look how handsome I am, Mommy!" Indeed he was. I was staying home with a sick baby, so I didn't get to gloat over his handsomeness at church. But he asked me to take a picture, so here it is.

The holiday season is starting to wind down a bit here. All the Christmas cards have been mailed, the neighbor gifts delivered, and all but a couple presents are wrapped. So, we're trying to enjoy the spirit of the season a little more. Some good friends had us over to their Family Home Evening last night. We had pizza and made Gingerbread houses. It was great fun - thanks Scott and Carol! As you can see, Ethan loves the houses!
Katie found a new friend in Baxter. She just loves him. She'll kick her arms and legs whenever he comes close and giggles whenever he plays with his toys around her. I swear I hear the "You've got a friend in me" theme from Toy Story when they play :).
In other random news, the lot behind us was dug yesterday. I guess that means we'll hear some hammering for the next month or so and get some neighbors a bit later.

3 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

Ethan,

You look so handsome! You are such a big boy! Give your mommy a kiss and a hug for me ;)

Love you,
Becky

Paige said...

Looks like fun at your house.

I was determined to get our cards out earlier this year but illness and a million other things got in my way. Oh well. I'll try again next year.

Ethan looks cute and I love that picture of Katie and Baxter. very sweet.

Restless Mom said...

Hi Sally,
Just found your blog through Steph's. It's good to hear what you're up to! Your kids are beautiful. Mind if I link up so we can keep on top of what you're doing?
Sounds like you're doing well! Enjoy your Christmas!!!