Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Post

It seems like I haven't posted in FOREVER. I can't believe it's been less than a week. The days CRAWL by, even Greg agrees. But, we are all together, and relatively happy. We have a roof over our head when it rains and a buffet breakfast every morning, dinner three nights a week, and a person who brings us clean towels and empties the trash everyday. Not a bad setup.

The movers arrived with our "hotel" drop today and it was like Christmas all over again for the kids because most of their toys were in there. So, I had about 45 minutes of bliss this afternoon as they rediscovered toys. Some moms have told me to hide toys for awhile and then bring them back out and your kids will appreciate them more. Now I believe it. I may have to try that again.

Other than that, we are super boring. It;s not like you want to see a ton of pictures of the inside of our hotel room, or the two hours+ I spend in the car everyday. My day goes like this for now: It takes over an hour to drive Ethan to school in the morning, then I come home, play with Katie, put her to bed, wake her up, go get Ethan (another 40 mile round trip), come home, Greg comes home, we eat dinner, and go to bed. We still haven't heard if the second lienholder accepts our offer and we aren't sure when we close, but we hope it will be by the end of the month.

In the meantime, the family is adjusting. Abby Pikachu is doing the most adjusting and we are finding some of her quirks. That may have to be another post. The whole week in Boise with Dad produced a "daddy's girl" effect. See for yourself.
My flash didn't go off for the first picture

I got up to take the second one and she was like- "Don't even think about moving me!"
Bliss.

How is Baxter adjusting to her?

Anyway, just thought I would check in. For anyone who has called my phone and I haven't called back, I'm sorry. We went 100 minutes over on our cell phone minutes and apparently it's $0.45/minute! YIKES! So, September 19th, I will be able to call non-at&t people again. I can talk on weekends or evenings, but the evenings start at 9pm here, which is midnight EST and 10pm in Boise...I didn't think this time zone thing would mess me up, but it has been one of the hardest things to get used to. Thanks for all the thoughts and I promise to call when I can! I miss everyone so much!

Thanks for enduring this post - hope it helped you sleep tonight! :)

No comments: