Friday, January 16, 2009

The "New President"

As we were saying bedtime prayers tonight, Ethan's final request was "And please bless the new president." After he said "Amen" I asked who he was referring to - the President of the United States or the President of the church. He replied, "You know, Mom, the new President!"

"What's his name?" I asked.
"Obama" he replied.
"Where did you hear that?" I asked.
"On your show, Mom!"
"What's my show?"
"You know, the one that comes on after Ruff Ruffman!"

Apparantly, Ethan watches Nightly Business Report more closely than I suspected. Good thing I'm not a Wife Swap fan or something!

3 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

How funny! I'm sure he listens to everything you watch, say and do. He is one smart cookie.

Billy and Megan said...

How cute is he! If he is that politically aware at 5, I think you might have a future president on your hands. Tell him he's got my vote!

amanda said...

I am not sure that Austin even knows that info!!! You really have to watch what goes in his ears!!