Monday, January 19, 2009

More from Ethan

At dinner:

Dad - "What did you do today, Ethan?"
Ethan - "I went to Brayden's house!"
Dad - "Did you have fun?"
Ethan - "Yea!"
Sally- "Did you and Brayden play Candyland?"
Ethan (enthusiastically) - "Yea, we played Candyland and I won because I cheated."
Greg and Sally just look at each other and then at him and take a deep breath to start the lecture because he knows the rules about cheating, winning, losing, and being a good sport. But before we could start....
Ethan with a shrug of his shoulder (matter-of-fact and the happy)-"But he let me so it was OK!"

I wish I would have had that conversation on video. He sure has a good friend in Brayden!

Yesterday Greg said Ethan came into the room and said, "Dad, just a little update for ya...." and then preceded to say something. Greg can't remember what it was because he was laughing too hard.

He has caught onto the funniest expressions lately and we don't know where they are coming from, but it keeps on on our toes.

2 comments:

Christine said...

HA! love it.

Paige said...

That is the greatest when they say phrases that you have no idea where they learned them so you just laugh. Parenting perks.