Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Children

As many of you know, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Our church congregations are called "wards" and the wards are determined geographically. So, where you live dictates what ward you attend.

A couple Sundays ago, the ward boundaries were realigned and our street became part of a different ward. It was hard to say good-bye to the people that we have become friends with over the last year and a half, but surprise of all surprises, we were placed back in a ward with people with knew from our old subdivision. (Yea, we only moved 1/2 mile from our old house). So, we also said hello to many of our "old" friends! Ethan was happy to see his friends Jonathan, Brayden, McKenna, and Isaac at church again.

With this change, my calling in the ward changed. Before, I was in charge of planning ward activities - the Chili Cook-Off, the Christmas Party, etc...Today I was called to work with the Primary children (ages 18 months-12 years old). I am so excited to be back in Primary. (I was there for about 3 years before we moved) Today, I got to sit in with Ethan's class and he was so excited to have me there. I love the children's bright, happy faces and their comments and answers never cease to amaze me. When I look at them, I'm reminded of what being a child of God is all about. I'm so thrilled to be back in Primary and hope to build many more memories with the wonderful children of this ward.

P.S. I am the 2nd Counselor, and yes, this is the fourth presidency I have been in, so I must still have a lot to learn :).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That will keep you busy! Is it an all new presidency? I'm sure you will do a fabulous job - as always!