Yesterday was probably my best birthday ever! It was filled with good food, friends, and phone calls/e-mails from family. I felt so loved and special. Thank you to everyone who helped make it an awesome day.
Picture courtesy of Ethan!First of all, Greg let me sleep in as much as he could before heading to work. When I woke up, he had scattered balloons that said "30" all over the downstairs. I'm glad he knew me well enough not to actually scatter 30 balloons, because it would have been too hard to maneuver around the house all day (and made me feel old), but these few ones made it festive and the kids loved playing with them all day long.
When I went outside, this sign wsa hanging from my house! I have no idea who did it and nobody will fess up. I asked all my friends, so either I didn't ask the right person or one of my friends is a talented liar and I didn't know that about her! Greg said he heard people out there that morning, but he didn't look so he wouldn't know who it was and ruin the surprise. I figure whoever it is had to have a ladder to get up that high, but I just can't guess.THANK YOU TO WHOEVER DID IT! I LOVE IT!
For lunch, my good friend, Megan treated me to Applebee's. I hadn't been at all this year yet and I love their salads. It was so fun to go out with a friend and just chat - what better way to spend part of the day! She also got me a beautiful statue. It was perfect. Thanks, Megan! (And a huge thank you to her husband Jeff and my sitter Jazmyn who watched our kids. Jaz surprised me and didn't even charge me as a present - how sweet is that?!)
The rest of the day was filled with people calling and stopping by with treasures. I felt so loved and everyone really knew me - FOOD was my #1 gift :)! Amanda got me some Dreyers Dibs, Shawna got me Peanut M&Ms, Paige stopped in with a Movie Night Basket, and Diane brought me Hershey Treasures and homemade apricot jam. Yum! Jessica got me a cute shirt (thanks I needed to expand to green!) and my friend Trish got me some books and a beautiful frame. I also got cards and phone calls from friends and family far away and that helped make the day so special - thank you to everyone!
Funny story: One of my friends also got me a mum. She's always had beautiful house plants that she's kept alive for years. I've complained how I can't keep anything alive depsite my best efforts - even if I name it and sing to it. Well, she bought me a mum last week and cared for it. She handed it to me on my birthday and said, "Here, I tried, but isn't it the saddest thing you've ever seen? The tag specifically says 'Do not let wilt' and look at it! I'd feel really silly if this is the only thing I had got you!" It's like it knew it was coming to my house and wanted to die before I could kill it :). We had a great laugh and I'll always remember it.
Greg got me a a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake from Baskins Robins. It was really an act of love because he hates mint, but he got it anyway. The funniest part was that when I picked it up, they said there was a mistake on my cake - it was twice as big as it was supposed be! It had the cutest ice cream cones on top. Some friends stopped by to help me finish it!

The night was spent opening gifts. I just had to post this card my friend, Sarah got for me. She found it two months ago and has been saving it for my bday. How adorable is this!
Inside it said, "I couldn't have found a buddy better than you!" So perfect. She also got my a gift certificate to my favorite ice cream shop - delicious! Thanks, Sarah!

For lunch, my good friend, Megan treated me to Applebee's. I hadn't been at all this year yet and I love their salads. It was so fun to go out with a friend and just chat - what better way to spend part of the day! She also got me a beautiful statue. It was perfect. Thanks, Megan! (And a huge thank you to her husband Jeff and my sitter Jazmyn who watched our kids. Jaz surprised me and didn't even charge me as a present - how sweet is that?!)
The rest of the day was filled with people calling and stopping by with treasures. I felt so loved and everyone really knew me - FOOD was my #1 gift :)! Amanda got me some Dreyers Dibs, Shawna got me Peanut M&Ms, Paige stopped in with a Movie Night Basket, and Diane brought me Hershey Treasures and homemade apricot jam. Yum! Jessica got me a cute shirt (thanks I needed to expand to green!) and my friend Trish got me some books and a beautiful frame. I also got cards and phone calls from friends and family far away and that helped make the day so special - thank you to everyone!Funny story: One of my friends also got me a mum. She's always had beautiful house plants that she's kept alive for years. I've complained how I can't keep anything alive depsite my best efforts - even if I name it and sing to it. Well, she bought me a mum last week and cared for it. She handed it to me on my birthday and said, "Here, I tried, but isn't it the saddest thing you've ever seen? The tag specifically says 'Do not let wilt' and look at it! I'd feel really silly if this is the only thing I had got you!" It's like it knew it was coming to my house and wanted to die before I could kill it :). We had a great laugh and I'll always remember it.
Greg got me a a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake from Baskins Robins. It was really an act of love because he hates mint, but he got it anyway. The funniest part was that when I picked it up, they said there was a mistake on my cake - it was twice as big as it was supposed be! It had the cutest ice cream cones on top. Some friends stopped by to help me finish it!
The night was spent opening gifts. I just had to post this card my friend, Sarah got for me. She found it two months ago and has been saving it for my bday. How adorable is this!
Inside it said, "I couldn't have found a buddy better than you!" So perfect. She also got my a gift certificate to my favorite ice cream shop - delicious! Thanks, Sarah!
Katie helped eat my ice cream cake!
MYSTERY GIFT: PLEASE CLAIM IF YOU SENT THIS!
Ok, so this book arrived in the mail two weeks ago from Amazon.com with no note or card. Greg saved it because he figured it was for my birthday, but we have no clue who it's from. I saw this book at Greg's mom house and it made me cry. I absolutely love it, so whoever sent it, please let me know so I can thank you. I love it!Birthday Part #2!
I guess my birthday isn't over yet :). Today, this gorgeous balloon bouquet arrived from my sister, Becky! It has kept those "post-birthday blues" ;) at bay and cheered me up all day! As I was looking at the bouquet, one of the balloons caught my eye and I had to laugh. It said "Burton and Burton" - that was our maiden name. How funny!
Tonight, my husband has some great secret planned. It's been in the works for two weeks and driving me nuts that I can't figure out what it is. He said it's something we've never done before and there is food involved and I have to look nice and bring the camera. NO ideas! But this morning, he was already thinking about what he was going to wear and he NEVER, EVER does that, so I know it has to be something good. I am so excited. He arranged for the babysitter and everything. He's treated me like a queen! I'll have to post what it is tomorrow.


4 comments:
Hey Sally!
Looks like you had a great birthday! You are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family to celebrate you! The book is from your FolsomFam. Sorry about the mystery! There was supposed to be a note included. :)
looks like you had a wonderful birthday! i hope you keep celebrating all year! it is such a testament to what an amazing person you are that you have had such an outpouring of birthday love! congrats on being 30...welcome to the club! hope you have a great year!
After careful review, the judges have concluded that the note is clearly visible in the picture. It must have been in the dust cover and fell out as the picture was taken...
You're braces are off! (maybe I'm slow to notice) but you look absoltely beatiful 30 does the trick for you!!
Post a Comment