Invitation done by CourtneyClick here or on the invite to see the whole party!
(Images on the next page are clickable, too)
As we started to get on the freeway, Greg asked me to put on a blindfold because I would see the surprise too far in advance. When he said that I was really stumped. I could kind of tell that we got off at an early exit and I knew one of my favorite Italian restaurants was in that vicinity, so I thought we were headed there. When I stepped out of the car and onto cobblestone, I thought the restaurant was definitely it. But when we walked in, it was quiet - no Italian music. I took off the blindfold and everyone (I'm told) yelled surprise!
I don't really remember much from the first five minutes. Greg said that I said, "I have a bunch of liars for friends!" (Sorry about that!) I do remember people trying to get me to eat first, but I was shaking too much and hadn't calmed down. I don't think I said a lot because I was speechless - a rare occasion, I know. Anyway, I have to thank my wonderful husband for spear-heading it all and my good friends, Amanda, Paige, and Courtney for doing all the legwork. They bought and put together all the food and decorations because Greg knows I would have gotten suspicious. They did an AWESOME job! The pictures speak for themselves. And thanks for everyone that attended. It was great to see all my friends together! Thanks for making it a special night!
(And thank you to everyone who kept it a secret and sent cards, notes, and called, even if they were out of town!)
1 comment:
I'm glad it was a good night! We were invited too, but it didn't work out last minute so we couldn't go. We would have loved to see the look on your face :)
Post a Comment