Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thirty Years in the Making



I wanted two songs in this slide show, but I only got this one done so far. The other song is a little more upbeat, but it won't be done for awhile. I thought I would type out a brief history of my life for record keeping sake. Some of this you may or may not know about me.

I was born August 7, 1978 in Provo, UT. My mom delivered me three weeks early via emergency c-section. At birth, doctors discovered I had a tracheoesophageal fistula that was life threatening, but Primary Children's Hospital saved my life. (When I delivered Katie a year ago, the anathelogist could not believe I was a TE Fistula survivor in my late 20s.)
After recovering from my newborn surgeries, I moved to West Layfette, Indiana until I was six. In 1984, our family moved to Tampa, Florida where we lived until I was 13. Then, we moved to Carlisle, PA where I spent my high school years. I attended BYU from 1996-2000 and graduated in finance. In 2001, we moved here and in 2002 I went back to school for my MBA, which I received in 2006. Now, I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children, whom I adore everyday :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally, I never knew you had such a rough start in life. I am glad that you made it thru it all and that I get to have the honor of being your friend today! I loved all of your pictures. I love that song too, I thought it went perfect with your pictures.
Megan

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

Sally - You absolutely timed that song perfectly to the pictures! Well done and great selection! Happy birthday! I don't know what I would have done without such an awesome big sister like you paving the way. Lots of love! -Jeff

amanda said...

Either I am way too emotional these days or something but you made me cry!! I guess that song has always touched me cause it really makes you think. What a fun way to celebrate 30 years of your life and all the fun time and huge accomplishments!! Great job!!- Amanda