Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Summer" Times

The weather still hasn't warmed up here. You could almost wear a t-shirt outside yestrday afternoon, but the temperature was back down in the 60s today. That's ok, though, the sunshine has been nice and I'm sure it will jump to 90 degrees soon enough. I'm under the weather a bit today, so I thought I would update the blog on what we've been doing lately. Here's a shot of the kids just hanging out. Katie got a new toy last week- a "johnny jump-up." We figured this may help her become an upright human at some point later in life. So far, she likes it.


Saturday started with Sally, Ethan, and Katie going to the monthly pug meet. It's always so much fun. People bring their pugs and often the pugs have "dog brothers" that are different breeds. So, it's interesting. Ethan and Katie always have a good time and of course, Sally's in heaven with all those furry four-legged friends.
This is the biggest dog I've ever seen in real life. I think Baxter thought it was a horse.


Ethan loved this other big dog, but the pugs just chased it around the whole time until it's owner saved it.


Then, at noon, Ethan had a T-Ball game. He had a great hit straight out to second base. He's improved a ton over the last few months. His coach was pitching to him in practice last week and he could hit about half the pitches. Way to go, Ethan!
Saturday evening, we went back to our old neighborhood park for my friend, Megan's 30th birthday celebration. It was great to see so many friends and Ethan had a great time playing at his old stomping ground.
Katie's third tooth broke through last Wednesday. She's been in a fairly good mood for teething - knock on wood. Just a little extra fussy here and there, but no fevers or runny nose like Ethan used to get.
Yesterday, she decided to start crawling - sort of. She got up on all four and took two scoots forward with her knees, but she hasn't done it again since. Ah, well....

2 comments:

Christine said...

crawling? I hope she doesn't get into too much! The pug meet cracks me up. You guys are great!

Becky and Jimmy said...

Katie looks like she is in heaven in the "johnny-jump up" thing. You guys certainly stay busy!