Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nature



At our last house I had a Japenese Maple Tree and I loved it. But, it was so fragile and eventually died. So, this time around we planted this tree- a Japanses Snowbell. It has beautiful, VERY fragant, bell-shaped flowers. It thrived in the cool spring this year and the flowers came out full force. Ethan knew how happy the flowers made me and would always say "Mommy, come see your bell flowers! They are beautiful!" They really were and smelled wonderful!


In bloom up -close

For those of you familiar with our wonderful city, you know that it doesn't get dark early AT all. To prove it, here's a photo I took a little after 10pm. Yea, try getting kids to bed at 8pm when it's bright as noon outside! Fourth of July fireworks don't ever start until 10:30pm. On the plus side, we have more time to get yardwork done :).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree it stays so lite and when the sun comes up, the kids do to!