Today Katie and I went to the dollar store to find some decorations for Standards Night tomorrow (youth church function) and she saw a "bug kit." We spent about an hour hunting for bugs - in the park, the front yard, the backyard. She would call out, "Where are you, buggy? Come here - I needa catsch you!" or "Here buggy, buggy, buggy." $1 = a whole lot of fun!



It HAILED yesterday and I haven't been able to get warm since. We also had some nice lightening and thunder and the power went out twice. Fun spring?




I got one!
It HAILED yesterday and I haven't been able to get warm since. We also had some nice lightening and thunder and the power went out twice. Fun spring?
Ethan had his annual concert last Thursday night. He has been practicing the songs and loved the "Dinosaur Teeth" song. It was fun to see him perform.




Playing the tambourine

The final number

Baxter has a doggie dental last week and a cyst on his back removed. He came back with 7 staples and has to wear a t-shirt for 10 days. He is wondering why Halloween (we dress him up every year) came so early and is lasting so long. In the foreground, you can see my peas, carrots, lettuce, and spinach are trying to break through.
6 comments:
Wow! You guys have been busy! Love the picture of Katie catching a bug - priceless.
I would love to be growing like that already!!! The first picture of Katie- she looks SO grown up!!! Her hair is so long! Hope Baxter is making it through!
Thanks - yes, Katie is growing up too fast. I don't notice it until I go back and look at the pictures. So funny how that happens!
HEY do you have plans for your garden boxes?
Plans for garden boxes:
1- Buy two pieces of wood the same length (2"x12"x8' pressure treated in this case).
2- Cut both pieces the same (for a 6x2 or 4x4 or 5x3 or whatever).
3- Make a rectangle and screw the edges together.
4- Reinforce the corners by screwing 2"x2"x10" boards into the corners.
5- Kill yourself tearing out sod and hauling dirt to the boxes.
I'm jealous of your garden! I just planted last night... We got below freezing this week!
Post a Comment