Saturday, May 29, 2010

Aloha!

Last Saturday, Ethan had his "friend" party.

Mom's Note: Every year, I swear it's not going to be anything "involved", but let's face it - that's never going to happen. I've come to the realization that I love planning parties. Ironically enough, I don't love decorating, but I love the invites, the food, the music,the games and LOVE seeing all the happy faces. Sometimes I feel like maybe the parties are TOO much, but I console myself by saying that it's not like I hired the Cake Boss to make him a cake or brought in a pony or even hired a clown. It's just "themed" and that's still pretty low key, right? Anyway, here's the festivities...


Ethan helped me shop for all the decor

It was SO fun having him get into this year!

He wanted a "Tiki" theme - I missed taking a picture of the larger tiki in the entrance to the left.

Lego Volcano Cake - designed and decorated by Dad and Ethan

Cake in action!

Greeting the guests with ALOHA!

Playing an acting game

Opening presents

LIMBO!

Pin the beak on the Tucan


We had an AWESOME time! We learned some Hawaiian words, did a fun acting game, played the Limbo, and pin the beak on the Tucan. Time ran out before we could do "freeze dancing" and the "fruit toss" but everyone still had a good time. In the treat bags were saltwater taffy, airheads, and ring pops. We gave out Swedish Fish and Tropical Starbursts for prizes. And each kid took home a Luau Word Search and a Tiki mask. So fun! Next time, I would have extended the party time so we could make tissue flowers and do the other two games - maybe at Katie's 7th birthday party........;) ?????

No comments: