Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recognizing Beauty

One day Greg asked me if I had ever noticed the tree in the middle of the cemetery (that is down the street from our house). I said, "No, why?" He replied that it was one the most beautiful trees he'd ever seen and he just never noticed it before. How we haven't ever seen it, I don't know. We drive that street everyday and the tree is literally in the MIDDLE of the field with nothing else around it. This picture doesn't do the surroundings justice, but believe me, it is out there. And I have to agree - beautiful.

5 comments:

Greg said...

Yeah, it's hard to get a sense for what a contrast the blossoms are compared to the dark pines, as well as the unique shape of the branches. If I knew anything about trees I'd try to do this in our yard...

Billy and Megan said...

That looks like the tree that the Luke's have in their front yard next to their door- gorgeous!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! I want one!!

furrever said...

That is quite beautiful, I was thinking about making it my desktop background, but that might seem morbid as it is a cemetary.

Greg said...

Just photoshop out the dead folks...