Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Katie's First Word

After a week of deliberation, I've finally conceded that Katie has said her first word. Is it "Mama?" you ask. Is it "DaDa?" No, wrong again. It's "doggie!" Yes, apparently she shares our love of small, furry, four-legged creatures. Anytime she sees Baxter or a stuffed dog, or a picture or magnet of a dog, a dog on TV or a dog walking down the street, she kicks her arms and legs and exclaims "a doggie!" It's really hard to hear, but after a week of hearing the same inflection and "D" sound over and over again, we realized it probably is her first word. Bested by man's best friend!


I tried to get a video of her saying the word clearly, but she's had a cold, so this is the best I could do. She says it a lot better. Maybe I will get it next week!



In other news, Ethan's been helping Greg in the garage and the backyard lately. He's quite the handyman helper.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

So cute - I definitely hear her saying doggie :-) Doggie sounds like Mommy - maybe Mommy will be next!

Becky and Jimmy said...

How cute! She is definitely saying a doggie! I am sure she learned this from you, Sally. I can just hear you out on a walk saying with excitement, "Look Katie, a doggie!" She sounds just like you too! The voice inflection is perfect! Ha ha! Like mother,like daughter :) Tell Ethan I have lots of handyman work at my house if he is looking a job! Love ya! -b

Paige said...

I think that Sommer's first word might be doggie too -- when she finally spits it out. She seems to try harder to say something different when there is a dog around. Ridge's first word was doggie.

Cute girl.