
On Friday, I took Ethan to his kindergarten registration/assessment. He did a great job telling the ladies what he could see, showing the coaching how he can toss a ball, and he identified his letters . We even got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Duke! She seems really nice and Ethan is very excited about kindergarten!


Friday night was our ward's pie and ice cream social. I am the Activity Chairperson, which means that I'm in charge of all the activities for the ward. This time we had a pie contest/ice cream sundae stations and a mini-talent show. It was a fun night and people baked wonderful pies!Saturday we finished odds and ends around the house and yard. We raked some more gravel (pictures forthcoming in a different post) and Greg ripped out my kitchen sink. I laugh because my old post was entitled "Everything but the kitchen sink" when we were having the floor ripped out. Not two weeks later, my brand new granite composite sink CRACKED. When Greg took it in, the people knew exactly who we were and said, "This is the first one we've ever seen crack." We really got the bum lot it seems. I just hope my dishwasher holds out.
The worse part was that AFTER we ripped it out, we realized we didn't have the right drill bit to drill the holes for the faucet and so I didn't get my sink back until today. Three days without a sink gives you a whole new outlook on the miracle and convenience of running water. Anyway, I'm happy to have it back!
In other news, Ethan had his T-ball pictures taken on Saturday and when we got home we heard the ice cream truck in the neighborhood. I figured since it was the first nice day of the year (80 degrees!) and the ice cream truck always just comes on Sunday whe nhe can't get anything, he might as well have his first ice cream from the blaring loud truck. After she stopped, I couldn't believe the prices. Boy, have they gone up since I was a kid! Well, at least he was happy. Maybe it will be a twice a year luxury! :)

2 comments:
Sally you are jinxing yourself. I can't believe all you have redone. You amaze me that you are still smiling through all of it. Ya, the icecream man is a rip off--your a nice mom my kids haven't experienced it yet! lol
What a crazy time! That would be hard to live w/out a kitchen sink.
The activity looks like it turned out great!
I never have cash when the ice cream truck comes by. I better make sure I have a lot in my purse if I tell the kids they can stop the truck!
Post a Comment