Sunday, October 10, 2010

FINALLY finished it!

Last year I started working on a book for Greg's parents. It contained all the letters they wrote to family and friends while on their mission to Accra, Ghana. I got most of it done by Christmas, but I wasn't thrilled about how the last 50-75 pages turned out. So, I decided to "redo." The only problem was that when I went back to edit it, the book software I was using was self-destructive. I won't go into it except to say that I will NEVER use Blurb again.

However, I had the last laugh and finished the book tonight. I'm really happy with the way it turned out (only almost a year late!) and I'm glad my kids will be able to read about the amazing experiences their grandparents had.

You can preview the whole book by clicking on this link and making the screen full size by clicking in the lower right-hand corner.



5 comments:

Billy and Megan said...

You are amazing! I'm sure your whole family will treasure this.

Emily said...

That is awesome! Go you!

Kimberly said...

What a neat gift. That's too bad about Blurb - I've had good experiences with it! I am planning a trip to Accra in the spring and am SO excited :-)

Shawna said...

You are a saint. That is a LONG book. You could never find a gift they would treasure more. How long did it take you?????

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

Wow Sally. That's amazing! I'm sure they will love it and what a good thing to have for all their grandkids.