Yesterday, Ethan forgot to bring home his lunch box. He still had $3 on his card from last year, so I told him to get the "hot lunch" option for today. He went to school and did so. Around the dinner table tonight, we asked if he was able to get the "hot lunch." (I was a little worried they hadn't transferred the money.) If you know Ethan, you know how he tells stories -
It was SOMETHING like this, but I can't remember it all.....
"Yes, I got the hot lunch."
"Did they have your card?"
"No, they forgot the card, but I just had to go up to the hot lunch lady and tell her my name."
(Greg and I smile.)
Ethan wonders why we are smiling and tries to prove his point.
"I just said Ethan Reynolds and the hot lunch lady said, 'You may get hot lunch.'"
Greg and I laugh.
"Mrs. Clark forgot our cards at home, but said she would bring them....."
"That's great - ok, buddy, don't worry about it. We're glad you got hot lunch"
Maybe we are too starved for entertainment :).
1 comment:
Still makes me laugh reading it, even after hearing you tell it. Too funny!!
Post a Comment