Sunday, August 23, 2009

Final Good-byes

We've spent the last few weeks visiting some of our favorites places in Boise before we leave. We went to the Train Depot, the Zoo, Settler's Park, and next week hopefully we can hit the fair and maybe take in a night of Shakespeare. (excuse the blurry pictures, Katie changed the settings on my camera without my knowledge.)

loving the zoo


katie would have played ALL day in the dirt
BUT

the new African exhibits were awesome:


excited for the park


I haven't posted a lot mostly because we've been busy trying to confirm where we are living for September, getting our car registrations figured out, decided where Ethan is going to school, and saying good-bye to friends. The move still seems surreal, although Greg's work closure on Friday made it become more of a reality.

The current plan: Greg has to report to work September 1st. We are confirmed in a Residence Inn in WA from August 31st to September 30th. Greg will leave on the 31st and check-in. He will call me with anything else we need to bring and I will load more stuff, kids, and dog and head out on the 3rd. Then, we will live in the hotel until #1) Our house sells and we buy the house in WA we bid on or #2) The house doesn't sell and we find somewhere to rent October 1st.

We're not really saying "good-bye" yet because I plan to come back for the Women's Fitness Celebration the last Saturday in September and we still own a house here, so we'll just worry about that later :).

4 comments:

ReeSe said...

So sad! We'll miss you! Are you running the race or walking? I'm still deciding but am leaning more towards running. Good luck with it all and our prayers are with you that your house sells soon! :)

Emily said...

Good luck with all the adventure. We hope it all goes well.

amanda said...

I can't believe this day is already here!!!! We have loved every minute of having you guys as close friend and this move doesn't have to change that!! Best of luck in all your adventures!!!

Shawna said...

You have such a cute family. Have you had a lot of people looking at the house??? If you have to rent in October... I'm assuming that means you drop your offer on the Seattle house? Does anyone else have an offer on it? Ohhhhhh... truly? Let me know if you need help with anything - even if it's watching the kids for an hour or two... while you cry!!!!! Heck come over here and I'll cry with you!!!!