Thursday, August 27, 2009

Deal or No Deal

Last night we accepted another offer on the house. For those of you keeping track, this is the third sale in five months. We're pleased to have another offer, but please forgive us for not jumping up and down right away :). Let's just say our mood is cautiously optimistic. The good news is that the buyer's financing is super solid and he wants to close in two weeks. The bad news is that the offer was lower than our previous two. When he submitted it, my first instinct was to turn and walk away, but then I remembered all the times I was yelling at the people on Deal or No Deal - "Take the money! Why aren't you taking the money? They are so greedy, Greg...." and on and on and on. (Side note: I only watched that show on SUPER high-speed DVR.) Anyway, when it all comes down to it, it's all about give and take, right? So, we'll give him the house and he can give us the money and we can put this whole thing behind us in two weeks - hopefully.

We're not really sure what this means for the WA house yet and now our plans for which weekends we are in WA versus ID change by the day. So, if in doubt, call my home number. We will forward it to my cell. Just ask where and I am if I'm here, you can come by! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I could, I want your house. And the Kunz house (just like yours by the pool) too. It's a killer deal, both are.

KaLyn said...

Third time's a charm, right? Let's hope so. Good luck!

Billy and Megan said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! Sorry we weren't able to make it last night- some things came up that put a kink in our plans. We love you and are thinking of you!!!!