
Learning the Dance

Practicing the hops

Thinking it over

Pre-stage jitters
A couple months ago, Katie started taking "Creative Movement" classes. You can see from the first video why Greg jokingly referred to it as "chaotic movement." But, they had the best teacher, Miss Hannah.Katie loved going every week. She had four good friends in the class and enjoyed moving and feeling like a princess. It was a wonderful introduction to dance and we couldn't be prouder of our budding dancer!
(P.S. We went to Utah for Thanksgiving and it had been two weeks since Katie's last dance lesson, so I was really worried she wouldn't remember the 60 second dance, but she surprised us all.)
In the first video is in the pink pants and white top with yellow bows in her hair. In the recital, she is the third from the right who looks at her shoes at the beginning to make sure they are there and then waves to the girl next to her to tell her to pay attention :).
5 comments:
Wow, she looks like she has a future in dance in front of her. So cute! :)
I am smiling from ear to ear! Wow Katie Sue! You are the best dancer ever and I sure am proud of you!! Love you!
Oh my heavens, that recital video was so adorable!! Katie did an AWESOME job!!! Now I wish Rylee had done it too (though we both know she would never have made it out onto the stage :) ). And she looks absolutely beautiful in her costume. Great job, Katie!!
Thanks, all! We think it was pretty cute, but we are biased. My favorite part was how they all kept looking at their costumes to make sure their feet were still under there! :) @ Alicia - I know, Katie missed her - maybe next time! Rylee was doing it by the end of the lessons!
I can see why Miss Hannah is the best teacher ever!!! She has a lot to keep up with!
Post a Comment