One of our New Year's Goals is to be more service-oriented as a family. Ethan has heard a lot about the earthquake in Haiti. So, for Family Home Evening a couple weeks ago we made hygiene kits for the Church's Humanitarian Services. I didn't take pictures because it took two adults to help two kids stuff everything in the pack. But, it was a nice night. This week we talked about Moroni's "Title of Liberty" and the kids had a good time drawing/painting their own "Title of Liberty." Ethan's turned in a bookmark and Katie drew a lot of happy faces, ghosts and fish, but hey we tried.


Then, there was the balloon I got on a whim in the dollar store - you know, the "please-play-with-this-so-I can-run-through-the-store-as-fast-as-I-can" type of purchase. I knew we had high ceilings, so when we got home I tied an EXTRA long string on it. That worked for about three days until the string ripped entirely off the balloon and UP, UP, UP it went. Being the motivated problem-solving child, Katie retrieved the step stool from the pantry and tried her hardest to reach that balloon. It was finally rescued by Dad and the leaf blower. Then, we tied a toy on the end so it would be weighed down. Last night, we realized it had lost all it's air when we walked in the living room and saw this. I never realized that wall was so blank. We have a decoration there now, but it's not a smiling balloon. 
Told you were we boring last month! :)

2 comments:
Your "dead" balloon made me smile. :-)
That is a great picture of the ballon. Good thing it wasn't a kid dangling there! I hope you guys are all healthy now!
Post a Comment